- COVID-19 in the Brain?
- Reaching for the End
- Wishful thinking and COVID-19
- COVID-19: what is known and what do you need to know?
- GMO My!
- Communicating Science: Part 2
- Communicating Science: Part 1
- So you think you can pH
- Citizens Hip in Science!
- How I learned to stop worrying and love my bacteria (Part 2: The bad and the ugly)
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Today we have a question posed by an 8th grade science class. Water goes from a liquid to a gas at its boiling point, so why does water turn into a gas even at room temperature? To understand what’s going … Continue reading
Faith in science is a topic we covered here last month, but a new HuffPost/YouGov poll provides some numbers on this problem. 78% of people assume that scientific results are often or sometimes influenced by political ideology. 82% of people … Continue reading
One of my favorite science questions came in a phone call that went something like this: “The power went out and the freezer thawed. When we opened it up, the freezer had flies in it. How did they get in … Continue reading